Faculty of Law
Law (LLB) Programme
The LL.B. Programme provides a four-year undergraduate legal training based on English Common Law through international and comparative perspectives. Graduates of programme will be prepared to practise law in a variety of fields while remaining committed to the rule of law and human rights.
The LL.B. Programme offers a wide range of courses in order to equip students with a sound understanding of both general and specialised knowledge of the law. During their studies at BAU Cyprus, law students gain in-depth knowledge of law and critical awareness in domestic and international legal issues. The programme prepares students to be effective problem-solvers in the legal field and to make informed decisions about their future careers.
The LL.B. Programme offers a unique opportunity to study law in small groups and in a multicultural environment. The language of the programme is English.
LAW (LL.B.) programme curriculum
Program Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme the student will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and institutions regarding various legal disciplines and can explain the relationships between them.
- Have the knowledge of legal norms, case law, their development processes and scientific studies on such legal norms.
- Have the knowledge of legal methodologies and interpretation methods.
- Analyse and interpret codes, court decisions and scientific resources by employing legal methodologies.
- Understand problems in implementation of law.
- Understand, compare and assess the principles and implementation of different legal traditions and systems.
- Resolve the problems in implementation of laws by drawing on codes, court decisions and scientific sources.
- Inform people and institutions, transfer ideas and solution proposals to problems in written and orally on issues in the field.
- Resolve conflicts by employing codes, case law and scientific sources.
- Use informatics and communication technologies with at least a minimum level of European Computer Driving License Advanced Level software knowledge
- Understand and assess new developments in theory and practice of law.
- Evaluate the knowledge and skills acquired in the field of law from a critical perspective.
- Organize and implement project and activities for social environment with a sense of social responsibility.
- Monitor the developments in the field of law, and communicate with peers by using a foreign language at least at a level of European Language Portfolio B1 General Level.
- Develop a positive attitude towards lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate approaches driven by honesty, justice and fairness that are essential to the legal profession.
- Demonstrate a proficiency to participate in judicial processes in order to solve legal conflicts.
- Adopt the universal principles of law, and has the capabilities to apply such principles in practice.
- Take responsibility both as a team member and individually in order to solve unexpected complex problems faced within the implementations in the field.
- Conduct individual research at an advanced level in the field of law independently.
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, mid-terms, projects, and class participation.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 300 ECTS and all programme requirements. A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
What makes us different
The BAU Cyprus LL.B. programme provides a unique opportunity to study law with highly experienced, progressive, and international faculty members. The programme incorporates international and comparative perspectives in law to equip students with a global understanding of legal studies. In addition to the theoretical aspects of the law curriculum, the LL.B. programme places a strong emphasis on preparing students for legal practise through the use of novel methods including moot court activities and legal clinics. In that respect, our aim is to provide an effective and vibrant academic environment for our students who have the privilege of learning in small groups.
How to apply to the Law (LL.B) program
The application process for studying LL.B at BAU Cyprus is very easy. You can simply and safely share your personal information through our online application platform. After receiving a confirmation email with a link a copy of the following documents can be uploaded:
- Passport or EU identity card
- High school diploma certificate with transcript. Please also submit an official translation of the diploma and transcript into English if they are in another language.
- University certificate with transcript (if applicable). Please also submit an official translation of the diploma and transcript into English if they are in another language.
- English language test certificate
- Portfolio PDF with a minimum of 10 works
Career opportunities with the degree in Law (LL.B)
Graduates of the English Law programme at Bahceşehir Cyprus University have the opportunity to work in a variety of fields following their four-year education.
Graduates of the English Law programme may pursue careers in a variety of fields as:
In addition, they can work as legal professionals in governmental agencies, international organizations and private entities, such as companies etc.